Monday, July 25, 2011

Improv Vacation 2011

I decided last minute to fly to Florida to attend Linda's bachelorette party. I called Ken and made arrangements, called the kids I babysit last minute to cancel, and had a ticket for two days later. I took Elliot because he has been such a difficult baby and because he is still nursing. Frank came and stayed with the kids. (The boys loved Frank. . they got to eat milk shakes and beat up Frankie during the two days he was with them.)

When I got Elliot to the airport, we got through security with no problems. I watched as two mid-seventy year old women with walkers were patted down because they set off the detectors. They cupped them and felt around and it was truly horrible. Elliot played on the floor, smiling at all the guests, and fell asleep as soon as the plan began moving on the runway. I sat next to a couple that reminded me of Martha and Dan and the flight was enjoyable and easy.

Once I got to Ken's, it was time to eat and run. Linda picked me and took me to Mindy's, where we made cookies and chatted. Elliot fell asleep at 9 and stayed asleep until after I got home. It was relaxing and enjoyable! The cookies were good and it was nice to just sit and talk to adult women.

Elliot and I visited the pool and met up with Linda the next day. We had Mimosas and Linda threw me grapes in the pool (because she knew it was a dream of mine.) Elliot slept in his stroller for about an hour and a half before he got up and played in the water.

After a long nap, I was ready to go out with the girls.

The party was a lot of fun. We girls all sat around and snacked, visited, and became acquainted ;) I met a girl named Gina who drove me and watched over me for the evening. I'm hoping to revisit at the wedding! At around 10:30, we left for the bars. After showing off some Running Man skills and teaching the Microwave, Paul arrived and made Linda's night! He got to visit for about 30 minutes or so and was back on his way home. We moved around to three places, danced. . posed on poles, and had a whole lot of fun. Paul was assaulted by a four foot five female version of Sam from Lord of the Rings and looked mortified as she shimmied and shaked and well. . grinded all over his body. . . I hope we got pictures!

I made it home around 2 am expecting Elliot to be screaming. Ken had him snoozing peacefully. He said he was great, which really did make the evening one of the most fun I've had in a LONG time. Guilt free does make a big difference.

Watching Ken with Elliot, and Elliot with Ken was amazing. All of my kids love Ken and Paul, but i felt like Elliot connected with him even more so than the others. I guess because Elliot has been so difficult and angry. . and did a complete turn around when Ken came. I was able to walk freely in and out of the room without hearing him scream for me and sob crawling across the floor. Elliot loved Ken from the moment they got home.

Elliot yelped "Eh Ehh Ehhhh" and would crawl around the corner waiting to find Ken. He crawled up and down the stairs to Ken and kissed and poked him through the banister. He chased him around the house on all fours and giggled when Ken would round the corner. Elliot also started giving kisses this weekend, the kind when babies grab your ears and shove your entire nose into their mouths.

Elliot would sit in his chair eating all of Grandpa's apples, and would call out and Ken would come straight to him. He never cried the entire weekend, he just would chirp and babble and Ken would come to pick him up or chase him or take him on a walk.

During the trip, I called Aunt Terry. She came and got me right away and we had a lovely lunch at Bahama Breeze. Conversation came easy and Elliot snacked on my chicken. She is coming home for the next three weeks, so i'm hoping for a Wilson family party so we can visit again soon.

At the airport leaving, Elliot thought that Ken sat down beside me. He saw the tennis shoes and the white socks and starting yelling, Eh Ehhhh Ehhhhhh again. He crawled over smiling huge, and then got crocodile tears when he saw it wasn't Ken. ADORABLE! but sad too!

The flight home went great as well. The security guards helped unload all of my stuff onto the conveyor belt, and carried it all to the chairs for me so I only had to carry Elliot. I got a man on the plane who started the trip by telling his wife it was going to be a long flight and pointing to Elliot. . but we proved him wrong. Elliot sat on my lap for two hours playing with his toy car, eating crackers, and watching video of him and Ken playing on my camera. He fell asleep the last thirty minutes. At the end of the flight, the man said Elliot was great and asked him name.

Overall, I rate this vacation a 10. It was everything I wanted and more. It was restful, peaceful, and fun. I loved spending time with Linda and Mindy and enjoyed my adult time. I loved hanging out at the house napping, swimming, and visiting with Ken. The only thing that could have been better was seeing more of Paul - and there just wasn't enough time.

Thank you Ken for helping make this happen, especially last minute. Elliot and I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment